Thursday, April 22, 2010

I will overcome

Weigh-In one of my own.  I'm at 138 lbs.  That's up by 5 or 6 pounds.  My scale is more than the ymca's scale, but I'm not sure by how much.  I'm going to use my scale from now on though.  So,  in order for me to be able to buy anything next week, I have to be down those 5 pounds....probably won't hapen in a week but hopefully two weeks!

On another note,  yesterday I came into the living room and J had the laptop.  It's Matthew's work laptop, but I use it more than he does.  I don't know what all J did with it, but I was too busy to check it out.  Well, last night I plugged it in and it wouldn't turn on.  I prayed and prayed and prayed it was't broken.  I left it charging for an hour hoping that would help.  Basically I was avoiding telling Matthew it was broken.  After awhile, I felt like it was a challenge.  God was asking me, will you tell Matthew the truth?  I sat in he bedroom for an hour avoiding having to tell Matthew.  I finally got the guts to tell him.  I told him the truth, that J had the laptop and I didn't know what he had done with it.  Matthew looked at it, and it turns out that the adapter on the charger was broken and the laptop had 0 battery charge.  So, J didn't break it!!!  God answered my prayer, but it took a leap of faith to tell Matthew the truth about what happened. 

Speaking of Matthew, he's taking one of the biggest tests for his career on Monday.  He could use all of your prayers. He has been studying off and on for two years for this test.

2 comments:

  1. Glad the computer is ok! I said a prayer for his test and I hope he does well! Hope you can work hard to meet your weight goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer. How are you feeling? Been praying for you.

    ReplyDelete