Sunday, January 3, 2010

PB&J

I can not express how much I am looking forward to starting team lean.  We get to weigh in on Saturday.  I think I'm looking forward to having a goal. I had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant with Alyssa.  The doctor also thinks I had it when I was prego with Michelle but it went undiagnosed. My health has been on my mind a lot lately.  Three out of my four grandparents died from heart attacks.  And my grandmother had diabetes and just a lot of health issues.  I want to start now changing how my family eats.  I want a lifestyle change and not just a diet.  It is going to be a whole new learning experience for me.  I know my husband is a bit picky about food. I pray that we can make it for ten weeksand the rest of our lives.  I believe that my body is God's temple and he wants to eat right to use it to its fullist potential.  So I will hopefully be able to tell you all how I'm doing.  I want to lose at least 20 pounds. That's only 2 pounds a week.  I can do that!!  I would love to be able to get down about 30 pounds but I can't cut out all of my calories because I'm still nursing.  I just need healthy meals and snacks.  I can do this I can do this I can do this.  It does help that Matthew is doing it with me.  Also, my mom, sister, and bro-in-law are doing it. 

My team consists of Gordon, Tnia, Matthew, Jana, and me.  That's how we got our name.  P=pyles, b=bradshaw, and j=jana!!  Go team PB&J 

2 comments:

  1. Good for you!! Hope you see lots of results!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alaina, I was reading your post and think it's awesome what you are doing (or going to do). Hope everything goes well with the team lean and you see good results!
    Also, breastfeeding is very good when trying to lose weight. You can burn up to 500 calories a day when breastfeeding! So, don't worry too much about cutting to many calories,at least until you are done breastfeeding.

    ReplyDelete