Monday, December 28, 2009

A Discovery

I started this blog so that I could discover who I am.  Today I discovered I don't like being in a conversation where my words hit a brick wall and fall broken to the ground.  I have a friend that is having issues in her marriage.  But I don't see the problem.  She asks for my advice and I tell her, and it's like she has an excuse for every thing I say.  FRUSTRATING!!!  She could really use your prayers.  Her and her husband have known each other since high school.  The didn't start dating until college.  They got married and have been married for over ten years.  My friend says she feels that God doesn't want her in this relationship because she isn't living up to her potential because of him.  I tell her she needs to read 1 Corinthians.  That the only reason God says you can divorce is if one commits adultry.  She comes back with,  if I'm living a lie isn't that sin,  isn't sin sin no matter what it is??  I went blank.  It was like that the whole time we talked.  It doesn't help that she's getting advice from her friends that are so much happier after they get a divorce.  She has children and I have asked her what about them.  She said oh that they would be fine.  They're the only one of their friends with married parents.  What kind of excuse is that!  I've seen her kids friends.  They have issues!!  I have told her and told her to pray and ask God to give her the love she needs to stay with her husband.  Anytime I tell her that it is like it hits a brick way and falls to pieces.  She claims to pray and have a relationship with God, but everytime I mention Him,  she shuts down. 

I love this person very much.  This issue is a result of other issues.  She thinks this will make her happier but it won't fix what's truly making her unhappy. I pray God gives me the words to speak to her. 

2 comments:

  1. I've been in situations like that. Sometimes people ask for advice and you give it to them over and over and then wont take it. And then they come and complain about the same thing and you give them the same advice and they still don't take it. It's hard. And after a while you realize that they don't really want help. They have made up their mind and they are just coming to you to complain and for justification. All you can do is pray at that point! Continue to pray for her! And I will agree with you in prayer for your friend today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh that's hard. Divorce is such a weird thing. It's become so prevalent, and it's clearly not from God. I think this has become one of the Devil's prominent weapons against Christians. I understand about the brick wall, though. But I'll be praying that God reveals himself to her, and starts breaking down all the walls that she's put up, so she can see the whole picture. Love you!

    ReplyDelete