Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Not for anyone in particular...just for me no offense.

I've been watching Joyce Meyers lately whenever I get up to nurse Michelle.  Okay so it is more like I go in and out of sleep while the tv is set to Joyce Meyers.  But she's been talking about being offended about things lately.  I don't get offended easily.  Except when it concerns my mother-in-law and my babies.  I'm not sure why things offend me where she's concerned.  Anyway, JM was talking about how taking offence to something is satan's way to bring you down.  When you become offended it puts up a wall in your relationship with God.  So, I realized I need to get over being offended by my mil.  And she usually mean good by what she does and says.  It was pretty silly to be offended by her at all. 

JM was also saying you should feel sorry for someone over being offended by them.  I'm not sure if I agree with that.  I would think you would rather see the good in them not feel sorry for them.  I was told somewhere that there's always one piece of information missing from almost every story.  Maybe trying to see what that one thing is would help us all not to be so offended.  I'm not sure if I worded this right, so please don't be offended with me :)

1 comment:

  1. I think maybe you should feel sorry for them if they are just being mean spirited and say hurtful things. I'm sure that isn't the case for your MIL. Sometimes moms don't know how not to be moms. Does that make sense? They feel the need to always tell you what they think or show you a way they think is better. I know Nathan and I have heard so much crap from people about not giving her sweets. I could write pages on that because it makes me want to scream that people make me feel bad for doing something great for my child. Anyways, my mother has a problem always "sharing advice" or "giving suggestions" about how I should do things. And it's easy to get upset when the topic is about the one thing we take so much pride in! Wow...is this long enough? :)

    ReplyDelete