Sunday, November 22, 2009

My weekend


What a weekend...Friday it all started.  I woke up ready to go and get started on making cakes.  Alyssa and I started on the first of many.  After we had the first one in the oven she went and laid down on the couch and started acting really strange.  She keep saying "I uncomfortable mommy.  I'm cold..I'm hot"  So I finally took her temp and it was 99.  So,  I try to get her to take a nap but she won't.  She just wiggles and wiggles and refuses to take nap.  All this time I keep making cakes. ( I made the equivalent of three cake boxes.)  I thought that sick babies were suppose to sleep.  I get all the cakes made and the fondant and the icing made on Friday.  I go to bed and tell Matthew to check her temp before he goes to bed.  He comes and wakes me up at 2:30 and tells me She's been awake since 12 and won't go back to sleep.  She has a fever of 103. And keeps complaining of being uncomfortable and she wants her mommy.  So I get my pillow and we camp out in the living room.  She watches two movies and finally falls asleep at about 5ish.  I put her in bed and sleep until everyone wakes me up at 7:ish.  I get everyone fed and know I have a cake to make.  So, I work on it and then feed Michelle.  And I notice she's warm.  So she has a fever of 99.9.  This worries me that she's got the same thing Alyssa does.  I call her doctor and they tell me to alternate tylenol and motrin and if it gets to 102 to take her in.  Praise Jesus!!!  Her fever never got above 101.  I know it was all Jesus she didn't get a higher fever.  So,  I have until 11:30 to get the cake finished and I prayed and asked God to help me get it done.  He did and here's the result!!

I was pleased I got it done.  If I hadn't been going on a few hours of sleep I would of have done better but it was edible and yummy, from what I hear.  I delivered the cake and was sad I couldn't stay and see everyone.  But I truly had a good time making the cake and giving it.  I love planning it out and getting stuff little by little.  I never knew I would enjoy being creative as much as I do.  I have surprised myself.

So last night Alyssa's fever finally broke.  During the day it never got over 100 but at night it would spike.  Michelle's stayed steady and she's doing much better now.  Around 5 this evening, Johnathan started running a fever.  He feel asleep in my arms while I was listening to praise and worship. You know he's sick when he lets you hold him and he falls asleep.  Normally he fights the sleep.  But I am believing he will wake up with no fever.  That it will not get any higher or last any longer.  I'm also believing that no one else will get this!  That Matthew and I will not get sick at all!!  My mom talked to someone who has had a fever since Thursday of 103.  He says the only symptoms are high fever and extreme discomfort.  So, Jesus I proclaim now that no one else will suffer from this mess and we will not pass this on to anyone.  Bring that sickness to its death and may no one else be inflicted with this!!  I proclaim it in Jesus' name!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you sooo much for Hannah's cake! I had no idea you went through all of that!!! You definitely could have called and we could have figured something else out, but I appreciate it soo much! And it really was delicious!

    I proclaimed healing over your babies and my babies too! And mine are still very healthy! I hope ya'll are all feeling better and you have a great thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete