Friday, November 13, 2009

Alyssa

My first child is Alyssa.  When she was born she was alert and sweet.  She had her hands folded together right after her birth and she was so serene.  I remember this feeling that she was going to be such a prayer warrior.  Her name means rational or noble, depending on what book or website you use.  She fits that meaning well.  She is very good at rationalizing.  She is three years old.  She tests us all the time.

I will be completely honest about our relationship.  I love her with all of my heart.  I would be beyond devastated if anything happened to her.  But we don't have a connection like I always imagined we would.  We have very different personalities and we butt heads often.  I just don't get her.  I don't remember ever having this much energy.  She reminds me a lot of her Aunt Kathryn.  Because I have an example of what her personality type can be like, I know what to pray for.  I pray often that I can correct her with removing who God wants her to be.  I also pray that God helps me parent her the way that will capture her heart and not turn her away from Him or us.  Matthew and her get along so great.  They have an awesome connection.  I am thankful that she has that.



Right know she has her extremely cute moments.  She is starting to say "I love you"  without being prompted.  You know when she is genuinely grateful for something because she says "Thank you mommy"  in the cutest way.  It amazes me at the things she remembers. 



She was a Daddy's girl from the beginning!












This is who Alyssa is!


















I couldn't find her one day.....then I saw the basket on the couch with her head sticking out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment