Monday, May 2, 2011

my thought

I am probably going to regret saying this but it my opinion.  I an thankful for all of our troops and what our country.  I am thankful to be born an American.  God has blessed me beyond measure for all He has done. 

I read facebook and see what everyone has been posting about the death of Osama Bin Laden.  I thankful we are safe but a part of me grieves for the man.  I know, I know he is a murderer and a horrible person.  But I don't rejoice in anyone going to hell, no matter what sick and twisted things he has done.  I thought I was crazy for thinking this way, until I saw this verse: "Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do not let your heart rejoice. Proverbs 24:17"  

1 comment:

  1. I understand what you're saying and you're right. But i won't pretend I'm not happy. Because of this man, thousands have died. I've been battling with how I feel too. As long as his heart was in the place that it was I think we are better off without him. And safer! But it is sad he chose hell instead of eternal life!

    ReplyDelete