Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Freedom....from facebook!!!

So I sat down and was going to disable facebook.  I had everything ready and chickened out.  But I was tired of the people I hardly knew taking up my time....taking away time from those I truly love.  So I deleted over 200 people from my facebook account!!!!! I would have deleted more but they were family and that is the whole reason I didn't delete it completely. 

It was so freeing to be able release that "need" of being needed by those around me.  People who I don't even know.  I see them in pubic and we don't even acknowledge each other.  Why do I want them to know my personal business.  Granted, I don't post too much personal on fb, but why would these people need to know anything about me??

It also frees a lot of my time because I am not being nosey in other people's lives that I don't know.  Why do I need their drama in my already hectic life? 

What brought this around? Many things, a conversation with a friend about feeling fake and lonely because of the superficialness (is that a word, oh well, I like it).  One "friend"  was going through a lot of drama and I hadn't talk to them in over 10 years. I felt bad for them but I didn't need the "vinegar" in my life.  And there were other people that posted negative thoughts, words, and just stuff I shouldn't care about. (oh be careful little eyes wht you see)  I was "surrounding" myself with toxic stuff that was not helping me with becoming free from the struggles I have.  It is one small step in the changes God has been working on me, feels like an overhaul in every area.

(I am watching Extreme Couponing as I write this.  It is rather frustrating but I won't go into here!!!)

On another note.  I called my friend, the one mentioned in a previous post, and I love how we can not even say Hi, How are you....It's more like, Oh, you called at the right time, I am soooo frustrated!  And we are struggling with getting weight off.  Our struggles are the same.  I want to be able to eat foods i like.  I like chocolate, cheese, bread, and cokes....oh and cake and cookies and peanut butter.  I don't want to have to give all of that up.  I want to be able control when and how much of it I eat.  Anyway, we agreed to pray for each other.  So, anytime I have a bad moment, I pray that God gives her strength and that her weight will melt away.  (ohhhh...glow in the dark chalk....nice)  Anytime I have a victory, I pray she will feel no guilt in her weak moments.  I hope that she will find success. 

wow, so this is long and I doubt you made it all the way through...to those that did...thank you!!!

3 comments:

  1. I made it through!! :) I always enjoy reading your posts! Hope you and Steph can continue to encourage each other. I recently deleted a lot of friends too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer. I'm glad you enjoy it :) I will clarify, Steph and I do encourage each other but she is one of the people mentioned :) The other one(the one dealing with weight) is a lady God just dropped into my lap, it was a completely unexpected blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ok! I just assumed because Stephanie had just booted about he same thing and I knew you were good friends. Happy for you and your new friend though!

    ReplyDelete