Monday, June 10, 2013

the enemy at work

How the enemy works in our lives.....I am not completely secure in who I am.  I have always felt like I am in other peoples shadows and that I am never good enough to step out of them.  I do not have a dominate personality a majority of my family and friends have big personalities.  I don't want to compete for attention.  I would rather stand in the background than have to fight to be seen or heard.

Recently a friend and I had a disagreement about something.  To most it wouldn't be a big deal but for me the enemy used it against me.  I came away hurt and feeling even more insecure than before.  For weeks I have just avoided her and not wanted to open up to her at all.  I stick to a group setting so I can avoid talking to her.  I don't trust her with my heart...not in a weirdo way but in a sister way.  I don't trust her with the little bit of security I offered her.  I did write her a brief note telling her most of what I was feeling.  I am still processing what could have gone wrong.

Today, as I was praying I realized how much the enemy wants to steal from me.  To prevent a godly friendship from growing and bringing God glory.  The enemy used my insecurities against me.  He kept throwing her words in my face and whispering them in my ear at night. How dare he?  I am a child of the One True King and the enemy better stop messing with me.  I won't stand for it any longer!

I need my security to be in God and have my shield and sword to do battle. I am tired of the enemy stealing our marriages and friendships!

No comments:

Post a Comment