Friday, February 22, 2013

A small reminder leads to changes

Alyssa and I had a big fight last week.  It was over something small but it had been brewing for awhile.  She and I have always butted heads but lately her attitude and demeanor towards has been very disrespectful.  This particular morning I was taking her to school and she was crying and I was crying. I dropped her off and just prayed all the way home.  As I pulled up to our driveway the wooded lot in front of our house was covered in a dense fog. Behind the fog the sun was rising.  God whispered deep in my soul...my mercies are new every morning.  Through the fog and hard times, I am there.  It may feel as if I am far away but I will cause the fog to dissipate and things will get better, trust in me.  I ran into the house and took a picture as a reminder.
I have been praying over my girl.  Things are getting better. I pray our relationship will be renewed and rebuilt before it is too late and she seeks confirmation elsewhere.  I love her dearly.  I am so thankful for my God that reminds He is always here.  That I just need to trust in Him as we walk through this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment