Tuesday, November 15, 2011

God knows.

I know most of you know I grew up catholic.  I left the catholic church at age 18 because I felt God calling me elsewhere.  My mom had a very hard time understanding my decision and I thought she still did.  But God likes to show us what we need at the right moment.  A lady I met that has a daughter 2 days older than one of my children goes to the Catholic church with my mom.  She told my mom that she really wished I was catholic because she really liked me and wanted tog et to know me better.  I guess she questioned my mom about why I left.  My mom told me her reply and it about made me cry.  She told her that out of her three children I am the one that has the most solid foundation and faith. That I will pray and encourage her whenever she needs it.  WOW!

For 11 years I never knew what my mom thought of my choice.  I have always felt like the black sheep of the family.  I was never as smart as my siblings, or as creative.  I was the quiet one that read books constantly.  I was never as atheletic as them.  But through that I have learned never to compare myself to them.  I know who I am. But to have my mom say that meant the world to me. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you had the opportunity to hear that! Our parents opinions really do mean a lot, and to know they are proud can make all the difference! Love you!

    ReplyDelete