Wednesday, August 17, 2011

God's vision??

Yesterday was kind of a bad day for me.  Not because of the kids or any circumstances but just because.  I was driving around town,  I feel like that is all I have done lately, and an idea came to me.

I want to open a fabric store.  I love fabric.  I have yards of it tucked into many random places all over my house.  Where I live has no apparell or quilting fabric store.  Here is what I have invisioned for this store.  It will be simple and clean.  I want bright fabrics that are fun and girly!  I want to also offer many boy fabrics as well.  I want to have a couple of cute girl dresses displayed and people can come in and pick out the fabric they want and size they want for the dress.  I will make them for you!  I will also have a room where people that don't have a sewing machine can sew.  I would love the store to be downtown or in a victorian house here.  That has always been what I wanted in a store.

Well as I was driving yesterday,  I thought of having an after school program.  I would offer a after school pick up van and girls that want to learnt o sew can come for two hours after school.  Then the idea just grew from there.  I thought I could offer almost a home-ec type after school program.  Baking, cooking, sewing, bookkeeping and helpful hints for cleaning.  I have always had a heart for pre-teen and teen girls.  I would only take about 15 girls and if I had a fabric store in an old victorian home I could have an awesome place for something like this.  I would love if this could be a reality for me.  But I get scared thinking of all of the loistics for something like this.  And I know neither the store of the after school program will happen in the next year  At least I don't think they will. 

I just want to have it written down somewhere.  I want God's will to be done in my life.  If this is His vision for me I want do it.  If not, I will gladly release this vision. 

1 comment:

  1. Alaina, I think that is awesome! Doesn't Thomasville need a fabric store? It seems like everyone I know has to drive to Tallahassee or they come to Valdosta. When I was younger I actually went to an after school sewing group (I only went for like a week, but I still remember it). I think you should definitely do some research! As soon as I started reading this though I thought about the Homeschool Co-op. THey are always looking for fun things to do with kids, so maybe you could get in touch with someone with the co-op and see if they would be interested in allowing you to do sewing classes. Don't let fear hold you back, it doesn't do anything for you. I've learned that if God wants you in it, he will open every door. You may have to jump some hoops, but that is when I think God wants to see how much you trust him..Believe me I know so well right now with my new business! I'll be praying for you!
    -Patti Nealey

    ReplyDelete